Monday, October 25, 2010

Knitting - Waffle Dishcloths

Monday, October 25, 2010

One of my new addictions is to knit and crochet dishcloths and washcloths. I had to replace my old & unhealthy addictions: Diet Pepsi; cigarettes; and drastically reduced my wine consumption. :-}

Every now and again, I will knit a little project just so I won't lose the ability and know how. Although, my knitting skills can still be classified as 'beginner'. I just do not have the patience with knitting as I do with crochet. Whenever I knit, for some reason, I either add stitches, lose stitches or both. Trying to correct a mistake in knitting is not as forgiving and easy as it is in crochet. I do like the look of knitted garments and will one day hopefully, graduate to the 'intermediate' class of knitters. :-}

Below, is how I spent my Sunday. The pattern is from: Homespun Living
It is quite easy and passes my test: Must be a pattern that I can do while watching TV, without using my brain too much. LOL! It knits up rather quickly, even for this slow knitter. Therefore, gratification is delivered swiftly. Plus, I loved the challenge of adding a second color.

3 comments:

Sherrie said...

Hi Paula, do you knit them using cotton ? How many stitches do you start with...I haven't knitted for such a long long time over 30 years ago..
Sherrie

Paula said...

Sherrie, I use 8 ply cotton from Bendigo Mills.

www.bendigowoolenmills.com.au

They are having a sale at the moment. :-} The pattern says to cast on 38 stitches. If you click on the 'Homespun Living' link in the post, it should take you straight there. If not:

http://homespunliving.blogspot.com/2007/11/waffle-knit-dishcloth-pattern.html

I'm working on a second one and actually enjoying it. :-}

Glenystasmania said...

Hi Paula, I knit dishcloths too. I actually made face washers and soap sacks for christmas presents a couple of years ago. I also live in Tasmania (best place on earth!) I retired and moved from Hobart's Eastern Shore to Maydena around Easter 2008. I love living in the Rainforest, it is so quiet, cheers glenys

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Hosted Desktop