Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Soapmaking Success!

Tuesday, October 19, 2010


Here are eight bars of soap! Not too bad for a first timer. They have to dry out for six weeks before I can use them. I will turn them over every day or so until then.

The big chunk in the margarine container will be grated down to use as laundry soap, dish washing soap and liquid hand soap.

I will purchase some more soap molds for the next time. Also, I realized that I had the caustic soda at too high of a temp. I should have put the bowl in the sink that was filled with ice to cool it down to the same temp as the oils. That is why the mixture rose in the molds and then deflated and looked an awful mess.

I am very happy with the results! I didn't have to throw anything out & there were no trips to hospital. I can't wait to actually use it!

2 comments:

Sherrie said...

Hi Paula I will put your blog on my blog list so others can also have a look .
Sherrie :):)

Paula said...

Thanks Sherrie!

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Hosted Desktop