Monday, June 4, 2012

Spinning Silk

Monday, June 4, 2012

I didn't like the way the baby alpaca felt after I spun it. It was wirey and scratchy. I think I may have spun it too tight. I'll go back to it at a later time.

I was eager to try spinning silk on my new Russian spindle. I have lots of silk hankies and started some on a drop spindle. But, it was super easy on the Russian spindle! I could easily spin cobweb weight! So, I believe for now I will practice my exquisite heirloom range items in 100% silk.

Below in the pictures you can see the cobweb weight I was able to spin with the silk and a thicker strand complete with some nubs.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Hosted Desktop